Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Visit to Harne

Was planning for long to go on a single trip on my bike- thunderbird 350 to somewhere close to Mumbai. I think I am one among very few girls who dare to drive a royal enfield thunderbird 350,
 Searched for long on internet and read many books but was not able to find a good isolated place to go. I hate crowd and crowded places. Many of us do hate crowded places but when we search for isolated places we hardly find one. And most important for all of us is safety, even though the places are isolated they should be safe.
So finally decided to travel to konkan side , as I love beaches, in search of new destinations, rather very isolated destinations,
 I asked many of my friends to accompany me as being a girl travelling alone was something i was scared of, but no one was ready, so finally thought of going alone
I was planning to go for 2 nights, so started packing, the least weight of bag the better, so a pair of denim which I wore, a couple of tees, a jacket, a couple of inners, skull cap, sun screen, my sports shoes, a pair of shorts and two singlet, glares, my helmet etc.
Left early from office which is in Mumbai and started on way to konkan, I had to hurry up as wanted to drive before dark as I was alone, left office at 5 was planning of taking a halt around 8,
Reached panvel at 6, it took me 1 hr to reach panvel, I am not a rash driver, I don’t drive more than 60 kph plus I am only 56 kg in weight.so sometimes feel scared to drive a 192kg thunderbird at high speed. i didn’t wait at panvel as wanted rush up few more miles, reached wadkal naka  at 7.15, now I had to halt as was too tired driving for last 2 hrs, so halted at a small joint a km away from wadkal naka, there were lotof truck drivers there so felling weird but was too tired and wanted to have a tea and a smoke, everyone was watching me, as if they have never seen a girl alone travelling and smoking, I didn’t care as was too tired and desperate for a smoke.i finished and left.
It was getting dark, and was too chilled as it was month of December I drove for more oane and half hour reached mangaon where I decided to halt. Found a good restaurant on highway and decided to stay there for that night.
Got up early the next morning, and went out for a walk and was surprised to find that it was fog everywhere,







I had to wait for an hour more for the fog to reduce, as just didn’t wanted to drive where I can’t  see properly, till then I spoke to the hotel guy and he told that there is murud beach which will be around 80 km away  from the hotel, as I had only 2 days and wanted to reach my destination by afternoon I planned of going to murud, I left hotel at around 9 am,  after some 20 km there is bypass for dapoli  which I had to take  and  proceed to murud beach, I waited after some 15 km for my breakfast, had a very nice omellete, I really feel that having a omellete in cold is very wonderful, finally after another two and half  hour drive reached dapoli, it’s a small village, murud was another 15 kms from there, so at around 1 pm  I reached murud, but was very depressed, its over crowded with hotels, and too much crowd, I just stood by a small hotel having tea and smoke too depressed for landing on a wrong destination,
I spoke to the villager there, that I came so far from Mumbai and was not happy about the crowded beach, so he asked me to travel 2 kms ahead to visit a beach called as harne, as there I will find no crowd, only couple of places to stay  and a fishing village nearby, I thought of trying my luck.

After some 5 mins drive reached harne, and surprisingly, it was what I wanted, a good empty lonely beach, I booked a hotel with a beach hut, 






The beach was too empty, no one around, to break my privacy except few sea gulls. 






 a bullock cart





                                                                       few village kids


                                                                       
                                                                        few dogs




had my lunch and went to visit the fishing village nearby, there fishes are auctioned, and exported to major cities like mumbai, pune etc


came back from my fishing village trip and  was eager to enjoy the sunset with a glass of beer  and Fish fry













No comments:

Post a Comment